Monday, June 11, 2012

4/18/2012 - Concerned about Josie's Family...

After several attempts to contact  the family members of Josie so I can give my condolences and inform them of the site, these attempts have strangely yielded nothing. I realize that my concerns can yield no healthy purpose.

I have come to the conclusion that I am concerned about contacting them way too 
much; it would be unkind to pursue this any further, on the off-chance that the family may not be ready to move forward in this way. Nerves might still be quite raw, and I wouldn't want to somehow upset them in some unintended way. I remember when I had lost my brother, I craved for a strong control in my life (and everything around me) for a while, so that time could be more tolerable. It would be prudent to let God work on these folks in His way, and I'll just pray for them.

Though we may try in vain to run our own lives, it is in understanding that there is one 
simple truth that hangs like a banner over every man and woman; that the comfort in 
knowing that the Lord is in control is what allows us to finally surrender to this truth, 
and with this understanding comes healing to a soul's ache. It was only after I realized 
this that I was able to bear a fuller measure of the the fruits of His blessings, and later be able to pass them to those in need.

One thing is for certain, there is no future christian saint who has passed away that 
yearns for any measure of pain in the lives of their loved ones left to finish their time on 
earth separated from them. They only want for them a legacy of their love to remain with them, and a fuller understanding of the Hope and Joy God has for them. In the end, does anything else really matter? In was because of this that I have decided to honor both my friend Josie and the Lord with this site, to remind folks (including me when I'm feeling low) of God's tremendous Power and Grace to overcome adversity, and to live for Him. A revelation of such an understanding can be just the beginning of the precious gifts a loved one has left stored for us in our memory, later to be revealed; precious gifts that truly have the potential of buoying us at unexpected times and ways, to sooth us until we pass into the next life to meet them. 

As for me, I do not want to be distracted from this site's focus. The incidentals of missing biographical details of Josie's history can always be added later; they are not of any great significance; I really don't want to let my "O-C" behaviors which thrives on the perfection in detail get the best of me. The focus should always be how God works through people to His Glory, and this is what I aim to achieve...

Thank you Lord, for a fuller understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment